Tyytyväisyys: vihdoin sain täyteltyä ne lomakkeet ja vein ne tänään YFU:lle! Järkyttävää kun huomaa, kuinka laiska sitä onkaan... Jokatapauksessa joka ikiseen kysymykseen on vastattu ja jouluna otettiin perheen ja suvun kanssa kuvia joita piti olla, tarinaa en jaksanut kirjoittaa käsin, käsiala kun ei kovin siisti ole. Passista sain kopion siellä toimistolla. Kirjotan tähän oman kirjeeni isäntäperheille, toivottavasti siitä on jollekin hyötyä.
Hi there!
Here's a Finnish girl full of life looking forward to her exchange year in United States. My name is Helena, I'm 16 years old and I want to see how the life is on the other side of the Atlantic. I'm pretty normal Finnish girl, proud of my country of a thousand of lakes and forests. I want to experience the American life and I want to find myself thinking in English and also another place to belong to.
I have a wonderful family; mom, dad and a sister. I know they are going to miss me but they also want me to have this adventure. My family has never had a summer cottage which isn't in common here so instead that we have traveled a lot together. We've visited many countries in Europe like Spain, Portugal, Germany, Greece and Croatia. My parents have supported my language learning by sending me to Oxford and to Bonn.
I've been in the same school for seven years now and there are also my best friends. My school is one of the best in whole Finland and our teachers are all very supportive. My favourite school subjects are History, German, English and Chemistry. With my friends I hang out and sometimes we go shopping. We are a group of seven and I love them all.
I dance as a hobby and swim to stay in fit. Scouting has been a part of my life for eight years. I started as a cub scout and now I'm an explorer and I also lead few-year-younger scouts. I have taken part to many weekend camps an a few summer camps. Best experience was in summer 2011 in Sweden where was held 22nd World Scout Jamboree with 38 000 other participants from all around the world.
This idea of being a year abroad has been on my mind for a long time and I know it's going to be one of the years I'll look back when I'm older. I wish to find a few new friends to keep contact with in the future. I want to discover new points of view. Most of all find a great host family to be part of and also to get you to know about Finland as much as you want to know.
Best Regards,
Helena
Aika sellane neutraali kirje on varmaan hyvä, negatiivisia lauseita kannattaa välttää. Minkäänlaista vähättelyä tai valtavaa itsensä ylistämistäkään tuskin katsotaan hyvällä. Nyt sitten odotellaan, että johonkin perheeseen päädytään.
Seitsemän kuukautta. Koko ajan vähemmän, joululoma, alle sata päivää keväällä koulua... Tällä hetkellä pitäisi houkutella kaveri alennusmyynteihin, ulkona +6 astetta, näistä talvistä minä pidän!
<3 ei mulla muuta:D
VastaaPoistahei baby (:
Poista